In the Middle East, it is always inadvisable to discount the virtues of the status quo compared with what may be coming next. Read More…
- Keeping the Status Quo, and Improving It by Elliott Abrams
Trapped between certain chaos in the West Bank if it withdraws and loss of international legitimacy if it doesn’t, can Israel still act affirmatively? Can we?
- What Now for the United States by Michael Doran
How America can help the new Arab-Israel alliance to resist IS and stabilize the Middle East.
- The Case for Unilateral Action by Amos Yadlin
Why Israel needs to move now toward a division of the land—even in the absence of a peace deal.
- Can the Unsustainable Be Sustained? by Haviv Rettig Gur
Israel's prime minister has indicated it might shelve the two-state solution. How would the world react, and how much would it matter?
- Israel's Situation, in One Word by Robert Satloff
Good. In two words: not good. But despite the murkiness, there are things it can do.