Modern Orthodoxy was founded on the premise that it’s possible to combine fidelity to traditional Judaism with modern values and understandings. That premise is being tested like never before. Read More…
- The Unresolved Dilemmas of Modern Orthodoxy by Jack Wertheimer
Everyone agrees that the movement needs to rethink and revamp. Very few agree on how.
- Against Open Orthodoxy by Barry Freundel
Being both “open” and Orthodox sounds to me like an excuse for anything goes.
- How to Rejuvenate Modern Orthodoxy by Asher Lopatin
Modern Orthodoxy as it developed in mid-century America was dynamic, vibrant, challenging. Thanks to Open Orthodoxy, it will be again.
- Why Modern Orthodoxy Is in Crisis by Adam Ferziger
A realignment is occurring in the Orthodox world; to flourish, the Modern Orthodox need to recover their sense of collective purpose.
- Let Us Now Praise Modern Orthodoxy by Sylvia Barack Fishman
Against all odds, Modern Orthodoxy has successfully mixed serious religious engagement with modern life. Now it just has to retain the courage of its own convictions.
- Modern Orthodoxy, and Orthodoxy by Samuel Heilman
How does Modern Orthodoxy fit into the greater Orthodox world?