What America Owes the Jews, What Jews Owe America
Dara Horn, Norman Podhoretz, Rick Richman, Jonathan Sarna and Meir Soloveichik
- To what extent was the American Revolution an achievement of Judaism?
- How did Zionism win over American Jews?
- Is there an American Jewish equivalent to Yiddish?
- Why did Abraham Lincoln feel such a close connection to the Jews?
- Why are many American Jews so often reluctant to admit what they owe to America?
These are but some of the questions asked—and answered—in this new collection of never-before-published essays from five of Jewish America’s leading thinkers. Out in time for the Fourth of July, What America Owes the Jews, What Jews Owe America is an essential text for lovers and observers of American and Jewish life.
Available now from Mosaic Books in all major ebook formats. Click the Kindle and iBooks links above to order now!
July 4, 2016