Applying sovereignty? Annexation? The terms, much like the arguments, are flying fast this summer as Israel weighs what to do with its eastern border. Nobody can agree on what to call it, much less the right course of action. So we’ve invited five serious writers, all inhabiting different points of view, to raise the political, moral, demographic, and strategic arguments that meet one another in the Israeli debate. Join us this week for a five-part symposium featuring:
- Eugene Kontorovich on the opportunity not to be missed
- Einat Wilf on what the debate is really about
- Shany Mor on the options no one is looking at
- Gershon Hacohen on the security questions
- And last but not least: Martin Kramer with a look at what happened the last time
This Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at Mosaic.
Want to participate but not yet a paid subscriber? Sign up for a two-month, no credit card-required free trial and join us today.
More about: Annexation, Examining Israel’s Eastern Borders: A Symposium, Israel & Zionism, West Bank